Ladies Finger (Okra) – 500 gms, washed, cut into 2 inch pieces
Green Chillies – 6 to 8, cut lengthwise
Toor Dal – 1 cup, cooked
Raw Mango – 1, medium, chopped
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Jaggery – 2 tsp, grated
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Coconut – 4 tblsp, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
1. Grind together coconut and cumin seeds. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Fry the green chillies and okra for a few minutes.
4. Add the tamarind extract, mangoes, salt and cook.
5. Pour enough water and mix well.
6. Add the dal, ground coconut paste, jaggery and stir.
7. When it turns thick, remove from flame.
8. Serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !