- Baby Octopus – 1 kg, cleaned, skinned and eyes removed
- Vinegar – 3 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Parsley – few sprigs
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Garlic Cloves – 2, finely chopped
- Fennel Seeds – 1/3 tsp, lightly crushed
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper – ground
- Mixed Herbs – 1 cup (parsley, basil, dill, tarragon)
- Mixed Salad Leaves – 100 gms
- Roma Tomatoes – 2, sliced
- Lemon Wedges
- Rinse the octopus and place in a pan with the vinegar, 1 cup of water and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool in the liquid.
- Drain and cut larger pieces into half.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, fennel seeds, salt and pepper together.
- Add the octopus and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mix the herbs with the salad leaves.
- Add the octopus and dressing.
- Toss well.
- Pile onto chilled plates.
- Arrange sliced tomato on top and place lime wedges on the side.