Chicken Pakodas are a popular tea time snack served with mint chutney. If you have guests coming over (or a party at home) and don’t know what to serve, these chicken pakodas will definitely come in handy. Very simple and easy to make, these pakodas will surely impress your guests with your culinary skills. Not to mention they are tasty and delicious.
Chicken – 500 gms, boneless, skinless, diced
Gram Flour – 2 cups
Onions – 4, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Ginger – 2 inch piece, finely grated
Coriander Leaves – handful
Curry Leaves – handful
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Red Chilli Powder – as required
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Edible Red Colour – a pinch (optional)
1. Combine the chicken pieces, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and food colour in a large bowl.
2. Mix well and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Combine the onions, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves and salt in another bowl.
4. Add the chicken pieces and gram flour.
5. Mix well.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
7. Drop small portions of the batter into the oil.
8. Fry until crisp and golden colour.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. Serve with mint chutney.