Chicken 65 is a popular Indian appetizer that is both spicy and flavorful. Originating in Chennai, the dish is said to have been named after the year it was first introduced, 1965. The chicken is marinated in a blend of spices and yoghurt and then fried until crispy and golden brown. It’s typically served with a side of sliced onions and lemon wedges, adding an extra burst of flavour and texture to the dish.
Chicken 65 is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a snack or main course. It pairs well with various Indian dishes, such as biryani, naan, and raita. If you’re a fan of spicy food, this dish is a must-try!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer that packs a punch, Chicken 65 is the perfect option. With its crispy exterior and juicy, flavorful meat, it’s sure to be a hit at any party or gathering.
Chicken 65 Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken 65
- 500 g Chicken cut into small pieces
- as per taste Red Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 to 4 tbsp Curd
- 6 to 8 Curry Leaves
- 4 Green Chillies
- 4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Chicken 65
- In a bowl, mix chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, curd and salt.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this and keep aside for 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and shallow fry the chicken pieces till cooked.
- Remove and heat the chicken pieces in a separate pan without oil over medium flame.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves and ketchup.
- Mix well till the chicken pieces are well coated.
- Continue to cook over medium heat.
- Remove and serve as a snack or with roti and chappatis.