Ghee or Vegetable Oil – 6 tblsp
Paneer – 225 gms, cubed
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Fresh Mint Leaves – chopped
Fresh Coriander – 2 cups, chopped
Fresh Green Chillies – 3, chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves, roughly chopped
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 inch piece, sliced
Ground Turmeric – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Tiny Button Mushrooms – 3 cups
Frozen Peas – 2 cups, thawed and drained
Plain Yogurt – 3/4 cup, mixed with 1 tsp cornflour
Fresh Mint Sprig – to garnish
1. Heat the ghee or vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the paneer cubes until they are golden brown on all sides. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Grind the onion, mint, coriander, chillies, garlic and ginger in a food processor to a fairly smooth paste. Remove and mix in the turmeric, chilli powder if using, garam masala and salt.
3. Remove the excess ghee or oil from the pan, leaving about 1 tblsp. Heat and fry the paste until the raw onion smell disappears and the oil separates.
4. Add the mushrooms, peas and paneer. Mix together well. Cool the mixture and gradually add the yogurt.
5. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve hot.