Chickpeas – 2 cups, soaked overnight and boiled
Tomatoes – 2 cups, chopped
Green Chillies – 3 to 4, sliced
Ginger – 1 two inch piece, peeled, grated + 1 one inch piece, julienned
Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves, grated
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Oil – 4 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the ginger and garlic.
4. Reduce flame to low and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
6. Cook until the oil starts to separate.
7. Add the chickpeas and pour 2 cups of water.
8. Add salt and some coriander leaves.
9. Simmer until the water has almost evaporated.
10. Now add the garam masala powder and stir to mix well.
11. Garnish with ginger juliennes and coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with rice or roti.
the theory is so simples but when we are trying to cook unexpectedly difficult.
Its sooooooo easy to cook & very tasty
very simple & delicious
Very easy and good also! Thanks
its tooooooooooo & sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice
thanks for ur help aunty
sooooooooooooooo easy n nice
it is ssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice
first the channna has to be cooked and only all the above said to be done because after adding salt the channa will not be cooked properely.
it was very simple method of way cooking
I feel it will be good yet to try it
the chick peas hav to b cooked before preparin this
the chick peas have to be boiled before adding to the other ingredients, otherwise they will be hard to chew. This is wrong, it will not work out.
I hope it will taste good. I have to prepare today.
what is that exact smell in chana masala which comes in hotel? i asked few chefs they told me you have to boil onions before adding. i am almost 80% done with formula to make. except the particular attractive aroma which comes in a restaurant food. please guide if you can. thanks.
i will try the reciepe and comment
its nice the way she has prepared it . :)
it is very easy… so nice…