Drumsticks are a popular South Indian vegetable typically used in the preparation of Sambar. Scientifically known as Moringa Oleifera , they are rich in Iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. They are very good for our nervous system. Serve with hot rice.
- Drumsticks – 3, cut into small pieces
- Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Shallots – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – as required
- Salt to taste
- Coriander seeds – 1 tblsp
- Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Bengal gram dal – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1, small, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute the ingredients given to grind one by one.
- Allow it to cool and grind it to a fine paste using little water.
- To the same pan, heat oil in a medium flame.
- Saute the shallots and tomatoes until the they mix into a paste.
- Mix the grinded paste. salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped drumsticks and pour enough water. Mix thoroughly and cover with a lid.
- Wait till the drunsticks are cooked well, and the gravy is thickened.
- Serve hot.
i like indian cooking