Pesarattu is a popular Andhra dish similar to a dosa but without the urad dal. This Green Gram Pesarattu (Moong Dal Pesarattu) is a healthy dish rich in proteins and can be served for breakfast or dinner with chutney or sambar of choice.
- Green gram – 100gms
- Raw rice – A handful
- Coriander Leaves – as required
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 1
- Oil – as required
- Salt to Taste
- Soak the green gram and rice in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the excess water and add them to a blender.
- Grind it coarsely along with cleaned coriander leaves, green chilli, salt and cumin seeds.
- The consistency of the batter should be like idly / dosa batter.
- Heat a pan and brush with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of the prepared batter and make a circle.
- Add oil along the sides.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove and serve with chutney or sambar.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !