Buttermilk Pancakes is an easy to make and quick breakfast for weekdays or for sunday brunch. A great and delicious way to start your day.
Maida (Plain Flour) – 1 1/2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Corn Flour – 1/2 tblsp
Salt as required
Sugar – 2 tblsp
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Butter – 1 1/2 tblsp, unsalted, slightly melted
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 1, large, lightly beaten
Oil – 3 tsp
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, sugar and corn flour in a bowl.
2. Whisk together the buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract and beaten egg.
3. Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture and gently pour the buttermilk mixture.
4. Mix well until the batter is slightly lumpy.
5. Heat a non-stick pan over medium flame.
6. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread gently. Apply little oil around the edges.
7. Cook until the edges are dry and bubbles form in the center, about 3 minutes.
8. Gently flip it over and cook for another 2 minutes or until browned.
9. Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
10. Serve with a syrup of choice, fruits and butter.
Does the oil go in the batter or is it used for the pan?
Oil is used for the pan. Made changes to the instructions.