Doddak is a Konkani breakfast dish served with chutney and sambar of choice. It has a consistency of a Rava Dosa and is made of grated cucumber, rava, ginger and green chillies in a buttermilk batter.
Rava (Sooji/Semolina) – 350 gms
Buttermilk – 2 cups
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Jaggery – 2 tblsp
Coconut – 100 gms, grated
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cucumber – 1, grated
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the rava until golden.
2. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the green chillies, jaggery, coconut, cucumber, coriander leaves and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Gradually add the buttermilk and mix until it has a dosa batter (semi-thick and pouring) consistency.
6. Heat ghee in a tawa over medium flame.
7. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
8. Apply ghee around the edges and cook on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden and light brown.
9. Remove and serve with chutney and sambar of choice.
One of my mum’s favourite dishes, thanks for some great recipes!
Choc Chip Uru