Peda is a popular and traditional North Indian sweet made during festivals and occasions. The Mango Peda is a super simple recipe and makes for a great dessert to any festival, special occasion or parties. This peda is very popular during the summer months as the mangoes are in season.
- Mango Pulp – 1 cup
- Paneer – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Milk Powder – 1/4 cup
- Saffron Strands – few, soaked in little milk
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Pistachios – 2 tblsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Dilute the milk powder with water.
- Grate the paneer and keep it.
- To a pan, and the mango pulp and and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the grated paneer, sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the saffron, diluted milk powder and cook for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Keep stirring until the mixture is not sticking to the pan.
- Remove from flame and cool down.
- Add ghee to your palm, make small balls using the mixture.
- Decorate with pista and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !