Coffee Cake Muffins are a delicious breakfast treat, and they are also great for a dessert.
The muffins are moist and soft, and the streusel topping adds a touch of sweetness. The cinnamon streusel on top is the best part.
These are best served with a hot cup of coffee.
Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe
Ingredients for Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1 cup All purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 stick Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
For Cinnamon Streusel:
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon adjust as per taste
- 1/2 stick Cold Butter cut into pieces
How to make Coffee Cake Muffins
- Preheat Oven to 350F/175C.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda in mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add creamy butter, yogurt and vanilla.
- Whisk an egg into the mixture, add sugar and stir well until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into butter mixture until just moistened. Do not over mix it.
- For making the streusel, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and cold butter in a bowl in food processor and combine well until it forms course crumbs.
- Spoon the batter into buttered and floured muffin tins, filling about 1/3 cup of the way.
- Sprinkle generous amount of streusel (Make a thick layer too for more taste) on top of batter.
- Cover with more batter until 3/4 cup of the way just up to full (do not fill the muffin tin full, it may overflow and burn ) and sprinkle more streusel on top if you like.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a tooth pick inserted into it comes clean.
- Serve warm with hot cup of coffee and lots of love 🙂