Sathu maavu Kozhukattai (or Health Mix Modak) is a simple and healthy twist to the normal kozhukattai made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Sathu Maavu is a nutritious & healthy mix that is traditionally given to babies and is packed with nutrients.
The benefits of Sathu Maavu are boosts immunity, improves digestion and protects health.
Sathu Maavu Kozhukattai Recipe
Ingredients for Sathu Maavu Kozhukattai
- 2 cup Sathu Maavu/ Health Mix Powder
- 2 cup Puttu Flour
- 2 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Coconut Grated
- 2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- as required Water
- to taste Salt
How to make Sathu Maavu Kozhukattai
- Take bowl, add the sathu maavu mix, puttu flour, coconut, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat another pan, add jaggery and water.
- Add required water so that the jaggery gets dissolved.
- Remove and filter the jaggery water to remove any dust.
- Take a pan and add water to it.
- Add the required salt to the kozhukattai in water and boil it.
- Remove from fire.
- Add the filtered jaggery water and slowly add the hot water to the flour mixture.
- Knead them to the kozhukattai consistency.
- Do not add all the water.
- Gradually add them to the flour.
- Make the desired shape of kozhakattai from the mixture.
- Grease the idli mould and steam the prepared kozhakattai's for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from steam and serve hot.
- This kozhukattai is very healthy and tasty.