Vella Kondakadalai (White Chickpeas) sundal is a very popular and easy to make sundal variety. The festival of Navratri is not complete without sundals and if you are short of time, then this sundal is the best option for you. Very easy to make, it can be made in a jiffy and makes for a tasty snack for guests.
Vella Kondakadalai (White Chickpeas) Sundal
Ingredients for Vella Kondakadalai (White Chickpeas) Sundal
- 2 cup Vella Kondakadalai (White Chickpeas)
- 2 inch Ginger peeled
- 4 to 5 Green Chillies
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- 1/4 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- few Curry Leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as required
How to make Vella Kondakadalai (White Chickpeas) Sundal
- Soak the chickpeas overnight or for 8 hours minimum.
- Drain well and rinse once or twice.
- Add little salt and enough water.
- Pressure cook until 1 whistle.
- Coarsely grind the ginger and green chillies.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute for a minute.
- Add the ginger and green chillies.
- Stir well.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan.
- Stir to mix well.
- Just before removing, add the coconut and mix well.
- Cook for a minute.
- Remove from flame and serve.