Karamani Sundal (Black Eyed Peas Sundal) is a South Indian snack rich in protein and served during evening time. Served as a prasadam during Navratri time, it is made using karamani (lobia) tossed with spices, seasonings and coconut. It is very easy to make and is also very healthy.
This is one of the most easy to make sundal recipe. If you are working and is short of time, this is a good snack to make.
Karamani Sundal (Black Eyed Peas Sundal)
- 1 cup Karamani (Black Eyed Peas)
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies chopped
- 2 to 3 Dry Red Chillies broken
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- Salt as per taste
- few Mustard Seeds
- a pinch Asafoetida Powder
- few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Oil
- few Coriander Leaves chopped
- Soak the karamani in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain well and pressure cook in enough water until 3 to 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves and urad dal for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked karamani and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients (grated coconut at the lasand cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Remove and serve.
image via Youtube