Samosa Chaat is a classic Indian street food typically consumed as an evening snack. Cooked samosas are crumbled and mixed with chickpeas, spices, assortment of chutneys, garnished with coriander leaves, sev and pomegranate seeds.
It is a delicious and lip-smacking dish that is very popular in North India.
Making this Samosa Chaat at home is not difficult. All you need is couple of samosas, chole/chickpeas and few other ingredients that are available in most major supermarkets these days.
For those who like to do things from scratch, you can make the samosas from scratch home along with the delicious chole.
However, if you want to speed things up, buy samosas from one of the several restaurants nearby (via swiggy or zomato) and use this recipe of Amritsari Chole. Garnish as desired.
Samosa Chaat Recipe
Ingredients for Samosa Chaat
For making the Chole:
- 1 cup Chickpeas soaked and boiled
- 3 tsp Oil - 3 tsp
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Past
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp Green Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Chole Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Amchur (Dried Mango Powder)
- as per taste Salt as per taste
- 2 Samosas
- 2 tbsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- 1 tbsp Green Chutney
- 2 tbsp Red Garlic Chutney
- 2 tbsp Onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Sev
- handful Coriander Leaves finely chopped
How to make Samosa Chaat
- To make the chole, heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium flame.
- Saute hte ginger and garlic paste for 10 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Add the chole masala, green chilli paste, black salt, amchur, red chilli powder and regular salt.
- Add 1 to 2 tblsp of water and mix well.
- Cook for a minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and 3 to 4 tblsp of water.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the flame when cooked.
- To make the samosa chaat, roughly break 1 samosa into small pieces and keep it in a serving bowl.
- Add some of the cooked chole over it.
- Add little of sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney, red garlic chutney, onions and sev.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve at once.