Pesarattu or Green Gram Dosa is a popular dish from the state of Andhra Pradesh / Telangana. Similar to a dosa but made with green gram instead of urad dal, it is a dish rich in proteins and can be served for breakfast, evening tiffen or also for dinner.
It is a simple & nutritious dish that can be served with chutney and sambar of choice.
Ingredients for Pesarattu
- 100 g Green Gram
- handful Raw Rice
- as required Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Pesarattu
- Soak the green gram and rice in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the excess water and add them to a blender.
- Grind it coarsely along with cleaned coriander leaves, green chilli, salt and cumin seeds.
- The consistency of the batter should be like idly / dosa batter.
- Heat a pan and brush with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of the prepared batter and make a circle.
- Add oil along the sides.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove and serve with chutney or sambar.