A perfect tea time snack and often made during diwali or any other special occasions.
Maida – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Cardamom Powder – little
Kesari Powder – a pinch
Oil – 250 ml
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
1. Combine ghee and maida with little water.
2. Knead to a thick dough and make small puris.
3. Cut the puris into desired shapes (squares or triangles).
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the prepared puris and remove.
6. Add little water to sugar and place over medium flame.
7. Add kesari powder and simmer till thick and sticky.
8. Remove and keep aside to cool.
9. Add the fried puri and gently immerse fully in the sugar syrup.
10. Remove and transfer to a plate.
11. Sprinkle cardamom powder and let it sit for a minute or two.
12. Serve at once.