Spicy Thukkada is a popular snack in India during Diwali time. It is made of a dough made from maida flour or wheat flour and deep-fried in oil. The dough is shaped into small, diamond shapes (hence the name) and spiced with choice of spices and salt.
A sweet variation of this dish includes the addition of sugar to the dough along with other spices.
Spicy Thukkada (Diamond Cuts / Diamond Biscuits) Recipe
Ingredients for Spicy Thukkada (Diamond Cuts / Diamond Biscuits)
- 1 cup Plain Flour or Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oil
- Oil for frying
How to make Spicy Thukkada (Diamond Cuts / Diamond Biscuits)
- Sieve the flour well.
- Add salt, pepper powder and asafoetida powder.
- Gradually add a little water and 1/4 tsp oil. Knead well to a chapati dough consistency.
- Add ghee and knead again.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll them into medium sized chapatis.
- Cut the chapatis into small diamond shapes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
- Fry the diamond cuts till golden.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve as a snack or add them to mixture.