This Vendakkai Thayir Pachadi or known as Bhindi (Okra) Curd Pachadi is a popular South Indian pachadi recipe often made during weddings or special occasions.
Lady’s Finger (Okra/Bhindi) – 1/4 kg
Salt to taste
Fresh Curd – 1 1/2 cups, whisked
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Black Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 1, halved
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Remove the top and tail of the lady’s finger and chop it finely.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil and add all the ingredients for tempering.
3. When the mustard seeds splutter, add the okra.
4. Cook on low heat till the vegetable is tender.
4. Sprinkle in the salt and cook for a minute.
5. Add the curd and blend well.
6. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !