Chicken Breasts and Thighs – 200 gms
Cornstarch – 2 tsp, dissolved in 2 tblsp water
Salt – 1/8 tsp or to taste
Rice Wine – 2 tsp
Soy Sauce – 1 1/2 tsp
Stock – 1 cup
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Water Chestnuts – 5
Hot Red Chilli Pepper – 1
Vegetable Oil – 100 ml
Ginger Slices – 1 tsp
Scallions – 2 tsp, chopped
Garlic Slices – 1 tsp
Rice Vinegar – 1/8 tsp
1. Dice the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
2. Mix together 1 tblsp of the cornstarch-water mixture with the salt and 1 tsp of the rice wine.
3. Coat the chicken well with this mixture and set aside.
4. Take another bowl and in it mix the soy sauce, the remaining 1 tsp rice wine, stock, the other 1 tblsp of cornstarch and the sesame oil to the consistency of a sauce and set aside.
5. Peel and dice the water chestnuts. Seed the chilli pepper and chop finely.
6. Heat the oil in a wok and add the chicken and chilli pepper, stir fry until the chicken turns red.
7. Add the ginger, water chestnuts, scallions and garlic and fry until fragrant.
8. Stir in the sauce and sprinkle with the vinegar.
9. Stir fry for a minute and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !