Rich in protein, the Moong Dal Sundal (or also known as Pasi Paruppu Sundal in Tamil) is healthy and simple evening snack to make for kids. It is also a popular recipe for Navratri festival and is distributed as a prasadam to guests.
Pasi Paruppu Sundal (Moong Dal Sundal)
Ingredients for Pasi Paruppu Sundal (Moong Dal Sundal)
- 2 cup Moong Dal (Pasi Paruppu)
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- handful Curry Leaves
How to make Pasi Paruppu Sundal (Moong Dal Sundal)
- Dry roast the dal for a minute or two without browning it.
- Soak it in water for 2 hours.
- Cook the dal in a pan over medium flame until it becomes soft and tender. Do not over cook (or pressure cook) as it will become mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and asafoetida.
- Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked dal and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the grated coconut and stir gently to mix.
- Serve in small cups.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !