Moong Dal Sundal or also known as Pasi Paruppu Sundal in Tamil is a healthy and simple evening snack to make for kids. It is also a popular recipe made during Navratri festival and is distributed as a prasadam to guests.
Rich in protein, it is easy to make and does not need an elaborate preparation like some other recipes.
Pasi Paruppu Sundal (Moong Dal Sundal) Recipe
Ingredients for Pasi Paruppu Sundal (Moong Dal Sundal)
- 2 cup Moong Dal (Pasi Paruppu)
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- handful Curry Leaves
How to make Pasi Paruppu Sundal (Moong Dal Sundal)
- Dry roast the dal for a minute or two without browning it.
- Soak it in water for 2 hours.
- Cook the dal in a pan over medium flame until it becomes soft and tender. Do not over cook (or pressure cook) as it will become mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and asafoetida.
- Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked dal and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the grated coconut and stir gently to mix.
- Serve in small cups.