Green Gram Dhal – 1 cup
Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dhal – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilly – 2
Curry Leaves – some
Asafetida – a pinch
Oil – 1 tsp
Ginger – a small piece
1. Cook the dhal in some water.
2. Do not pressure cook as it may mash the dhal.
3. Drain the excess water and set aside.
4. Heat up the oil and fry the mustard seeds, urad dhal and asafetida.
5. Add the curry leaves, green chilly and ginger (cut into small pieces) and stir for a minute.
6. Add the cooked dhal, coconut and salt and stir over a low-med flame for a couple of minutes.