This mushroom stuffed paratha is a simple and delicious breakfast dish. Best served with curd and pickle, it can also be served for lunch or dinner.
Wheat Flour – 500 gms
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 3, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Mushrooms – 200 gms, finely chopped
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tblsp
Ghee as required
Water as required
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the wheat flour, salt and enough water in a bowl.
2. Knead well to a thick, pliable dough (similar to a chapati dough).
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Saute the onions, mushrooms, green chillies and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the masala powders and salt.
6. Stir well and cook for another minute or two.
7. Make small/medium balls of the dough and shape them into a cup.
8. Add 1 or 2 tblsp of the mushroom mixture to the cup.
9. Fold and shape into a ball again.
10. Roll this into a slightly thick paratha.
11. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
12. Cook the prepared parathas on both sides, applying ghee around the edges.
13. Remove and serve with pickle and curd.
Have had the opportunity to try parathas with quite a few stuffings however Mushroom hasn’t been one of them. This is definitely one I’m putting on my list to try soon.