Lacha Paratha (or also known as Lachcha Paratha / Lachha Paratha) is a popular North Indian flaky, multi-layered paratha. Ideal for lunch or dinner, serve with a gravy side dish of choice.
A multi-layered paratha whose origin is from Punjab but now a days, it is very popular all over India. Since it is from Punjab, it is also called as Punjabi lachedar paratha / Punjabi lachha paratha.
Lachcha Paratha Recipe
Ingredients for Lachcha Paratha
- 250 g Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Warm water as required
How to make Lachcha Paratha
- In a large and wide bowl, mix the wheat flour and salt.
- Gradually add water and mix to a chapati dough consistency.
- Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pinch a big lemon sized ball and flatten lightly.
- Apply little oil on one side and roll to a thin disc.
- Twist and roll this spirally into a ball.
- Apply a little oil on top and roll it into a medium disc. Do not apply too much pressure else the layers will combine into one.
- Heat a tawa over medium flame.
- Cook the prepared paratha on both sides, applying little oil around the edges.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Serve with side dish of choice.