Serve as a starter or as a snack.
Button Mushrooms – 1 or 2 cups, trimmed, washed, cleaned, sliced if desired
Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
Maida – 1/4 cup
Corn Flour – 2 tblsp + 2 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Onions – 2, chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, finely chopped
Garlic – 6 cloves, finely chopped
Green Chillies 3 to 4, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Mix the gram flour, maida and 2 tblsp corn flour in a bowl.
2. Add red chilli powder, salt and enough water.
3. Mix well to a thick batter.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Dip the mushrooms in the batter and add them to the hot oil.
6. Fry until golden brown and remove.
7. Drain excess oil and keep aside.
8. In a separate pan, heat little oil.
9. Saute the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies for 1 minute.
10. Add the reserved mushrooms, soy sauce and mix well.
11. Mix little water with 2 tblsp corn flour and add to the pan.
12. Stir well and cook for a minute or two.
13. Transfer to a serving dish.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
image via Go Chaatzz