Beans Thoran is made with fresh beans that are finely chopped and cooked with grated coconut, spices, and curry leaves. The dish is seasoned with mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric, and chillies, which give it a unique flavour and aroma. The grated coconut adds a subtle sweetness to the dish, which balances out the spiciness of the chillies.
One of the best things about Beans Thoran is that it is a nutritious and healthy dish. Beans are high in fibre, protein, and vitamins, which makes them a great addition to any diet. The grated coconut in the recipe is also rich in healthy fats and has many health benefits.
This recipe is easy to make and requires only a few essential ingredients you already have in your kitchen. It’s a great dish for anyone who loves the taste of Indian spices and wants to try out a new recipe.
- 500 g Beans chopped
- 2 Small Onion
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- 3 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- a pinch Turmeric Powder
- few Curry Leaves
- as per taste Salt
- Grind coconut, turmeric, onion, green chilli together.
- Add one table spoon of oil in to a frying pan and add mustard.
- When the mustard pops add beans, garlic and mix well.
- Then add the ground coconut masala and do not mix but the masala should be covered by the beans.
- Add curry leaf and salt to taste.
- Keep the pan covered and cook in a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Stir well and serve hot.