Broken Wheat – 200 gms
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Aniseed – 1 tsp
Almonds – 8 to 10, blanched and halved
Dry Coconut Slivers – 1 tblsp
Water – 3 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Green Cardamoms – 4, crushed
1. Heat the ghee in a kadai.
2. Add the aniseed and let them crackle.
3. Add the broken wheat and stir fry till it is well browned.
4. Add the almonds, coconut and water.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Lower the flame and cook till the broken wheat becomes tender.
7. Add the sugar and stir till it dissolves completely.
8. Remove from the flame.
9. Garnish with a few slivers of almonds and cardamoms.
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Lapsi from Awesome Cuisine.