A delicious Prawn Curry with Tamarind. Best served with hot rice.
Raw Prawns – 350 gms, peeled, deveined
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled, grated
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coconut Milk – 400 ml
Tamarind Extract – 1/4 cup
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Dry roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds for 30 seconds.
2. Grind them to a fine powder.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add the onions and little salt.
5. Saute for a minute or two or until onions turn golden.
6. Add the ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, ground coriander-cumin powder and cook for a minute or two.
7. Pour the cococut milk and stir.
8. Add the tamarind extract, green chillies and stir well.
9. Simmer for 6 to 10 minutes.
10. Add the prawns and cover the pan with a lid.
11. Cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns turn pink.
12. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve with rice.
image via sbs.com.au