Kollu (or Horsegram) is the most protein-rich grain in the world. It is rich in iron, calcium and protein. It is also low in fat and high in carbohydrate. People who are diabetic or want to reduce their weight should include kollu in their diet.
Kollu Sundal (Horsegram Sundal)
Ingredients for Kollu Sundal (Horsegram Sundal)
- 2 cup Sprouted Kollu (Horse Gram)
- 4 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- Curry Leaves handful
- 1/4 cup Coconut grated
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
How to make Kollu Sundal (Horsegram Sundal)
- Pressure cook the kollu until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
- Add the red chillies and stir well.
- Add the cooked kollu and mix well.
- Add the grated coconut.
- Stir well.
- Add salt and stir again.
- Remove and serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !