Kollu (or Horsegram) is the most protein-rich grain in the world. It is rich in iron, calcium and protein. It is also low in fat and high in carbohydrate. People who are diabetic or want to reduce their weight should include kollu in their diet.
Sprouted Kollu (Horse Gram) – 2 cups
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – handful
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Pressure cook the kollu until soft.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
4. Add the red chillies and stir well.
5. Add the cooked kollu and mix well.
6. Add the grated coconut.
7. Stir well.
8. Add salt and stir again.
9. Remove and serve at once.
Tip: You can also use regular Kollu. Soak it in water for 8 hours.