For the Seafood Marinade:
Sherry – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3 tsp
Fresh Ginger – 2 tblsp, grated
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
1. To make the seafood marinade, mix all the marinade ingredients in a jar.
2. Close the lid and refrigerate till needed.
3. Chop the fish fillets and blend to a smooth paste.
4. Add the egg whites, marinade and cornflour to the fish paste.
5. Knead to a soft paste.
6. Add a few drops of water if required.
7. Make balls of the paste with a spoon and drop into cold water.
8. Cut celery into thin slices.
9. Bring the fish stock to a boil in a pan.
10. Season with a little salt, pepper and soya sauce.
11. Remove the fish balls from the water and drop them into the soup.
12. Add the celery slices.
13. Allow the soup to boil till the celery is tender.
14. Serve hot.
Tip: If you are using water, add a little chicken stock or soup cubes for flavour.