This Avocado and Mint Soup is not only flavourful and delicious, it is also very easy to make. Ideal soup for any time of the day.
- Avocados – 2
- Plain Flour – 1/4 cup
- Garlic Clove – 1
- Vegetable Stock – 2 1/2 cups
- Spring Onions – 6
- Butter – 3 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Milk – 150 ml
- Cream – 150 ml
- Fresh mint leaves – 1 tblsp
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Mint Sprigs – To Garnish
- Peel the avocado, discard the seed and chop them.
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Melt the butter and add chopped spring onions, garlic and fry.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Ensure it does not get burnt.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock and mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Add the avocado to the soup along with lemon juice.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and allow it to cool down.
- Blend the soup in a mixer until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl.
- If needed soup could be sieve in a strainer.
- Stir in the milk and cream.
- Add the fresh chopped mint and serve.