Sunflower Oil – 2 tsp
Mild Korma Curry Powder – 1 tbsp
Carrots – 500 gms, chopped
Large Onion – 1, chopped
Tart Cooking Apple – 1, chopped
Chicken Stock – 3 cups
Salt as per taste
Ground Black Pepper as per taste
Plain Yogurt to garnish
Carrot Curls to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Add the curry powder and fry for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, onion and cooking apple and stir well until coated with the curry powder. Cover the pan.
3. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally until soft.
4. Spoon the vegetable mixture into a blender, then add half the stock and process until the mixture is smooth.
5. Return to the pan and pour in the remaining stock.
6. Bring the stock to the boil and adjust the seasoning before serving in bowls, garnished with a swirl of yogurt and a few curls of raw carrot.