Mushrooms – 500 gms
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Salt – 1 tsp
For the Spice Paste:
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic – 4 flakes
Green Chillies – 2
Onion – 1
Oil – 1 tblsp
Whole Dry Red Chillies – 2
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Butter – 1 tblsp
Tomato – 1, cut into wedges
1. Wash the mushrooms and snip off the ends of the stalks.
2. Slice the mushrooms fine.
3. Grind the ingredients for the spice paste fine.
4. Extract the milk from the grated coconut and set aside the first extract. Take out the second thin extract.
5. Place the second thin coconut extract and the spice paste into a pan over moderate heat.
6. Mix well and boil for a few minutes.
7. Add the mushrooms, reserving a few for garnish.
8. Cook over gently heat for about 15 minutes.
9. Saute the reserved mushrooms in 1 tblsp butter and set aside.
10. Heat the oil for tempering in a small pan over moderate heat.
11. Temper it with the red chillies and whole spices.
12. When they start to crackle, pour the contents of the pan into the mushroom curry.
13. Blend the thick coconut milk and salt into the curry and simmer gently for a few minutes.
14. Transfer the curry to a serving dish.
15. Garnish with the sauteed mushrooms and tomato wedges.