3/4 chopped onions
2 green cardamoms
1 inch stick cinnamon
4 potatoes, diced
1/3 cup grated fresh coconut
1 tbsp + 4 tbsp oil
3/4 cup diced paneer
1 tsp salt
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 green chillies
2 cups chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1. Grind fine all the ingredients for the spice paste with half the onions.
2. Roast the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and grind to a fine powder.
3. Boil the potatoes until just done.
4. Extract the coconut milk by adding 1/3 cup warm water, grinding it in a mixer and passing it through a strainer.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the remaining onions until golden brown.
6. Mix in the powdered spices and the spice paste.
7. Add potatoes and fry well
8. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry paneer cubes until light brown.
9. Add the fried paneer to the potatoes
10. Stir in coconut milk and bring to boil.
11. Sprinkle in salt and lime juice and remove from heat.
12. Serve hot.