Pineapple Pulissery (Pineapple Mor Curry) is a popular Kerala dish made with pineapple and curd. Served as part of Onam Sadya, this dish is best served with rice and side dish of choice.
Pineapple – 1/2 big or 1 small
Curds – 2 cups
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Red Chillies – 2 small or 1 big
Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 or 2
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
1. Peel and chop the pineapple into small pieces.
2. Heat water in a pan.
3. Add the pineapple pieces, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
4. Add cumin powder and stir well.
5. Reduce flame to low and simmer until water has reduced by half.
6. Add the ground coconut paste and curd. Stir well.
7. Switch off the flame.
8. Fry the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and red chillies for a minute.
9. Add to the pan and stir.