1 ripe Pineapple
4 Red Chillies, broken
3 Red Chillies, broken
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
a few Curry leaves
1 glass of Buttermilk
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 Coconut, grated
1 small Onion, sliced
1 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1. Peel the pineapple and remove all eyes carefully.
2. Cut into slices. Remove the inside hard portion from the slices and dice into pieces.
3. Grind coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies to a paste.
4. Place pineapple, salt and turmeric powder in a pan with very little water.
5. Cover the pan tightly and cook till the pineapple is almost done.
6. Then pour in buttermilk and add to the ground paste.
7. Continue cooking till the pineapple is tender.
8. Mix in the curry leaves and remove from fire.
9. Heat 2 tblsp of oil and add mustard and fenugreek seeds and red chillies.
10. When the mixture turns brown, add it to the curry.
11. Serve hot.
I prepared and really delicious