Nendram Pazham Pradhaman (Nendram Pazham Payasam) is a popular dessert made for special occasions and festivals in Kerala.
This is an essential part of most festivals in Kerala and Onam Sadya is incomplete without this dish.
This delicious and easy to make payasam is made using ripe bananas (nendram pazham), coconut milk and jaggery.
Make this delicious ripe banana payasam this festive season and have a fantastic celebration with family.
Nendram Pazham Pradhaman Recipe
Ingredients for Nendram Pazham Pradhaman
- 4 Nendram Pazham (Ripe Bananas)
- 1/3 cup Sabudana (Javvarisi)
- 3 tbsp Ghee - 3 tblsp
- 1 cup Boiled Milk
- 2 cup Jaggery Powder
- 1/2 cup Thick Coconut Milk
- a pinch Cardamon Powder
- few Fried Cashews
How to make Nendram Pazham Pradhaman
- Soak the sabudana in water for sometime and cook them separately.
- Add 1 cup of water to the jaggery and mix them.
- Strain the jaggery water and keep it.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat it under medium flame.
- Add ghee and melt it.
- Add the mashed banana to the ghee and cook it.
- Add the boiled sabudana and jaggery water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the boiled milk, grated coconut, cardamon powder, and cashews and boil it.
- Serve hot.