A popular puttu recipe from Kerala that is nutritious and high in fiber.
Oats – 250 gms
Sugar – 200 gms
Cardamoms – 4, powdered
Cashewnuts – 15 to 20
Ghee – 2 to 3 tblsp
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little ghee in a pan.
2. Fry the oats and grind smoothly in a mixie.
3. Fry the cashewnuts in ghee and remove.
4. Add salt and little water to the oats powder.
5. Mix well and pressure cook till 1 or 2 whistles.
6. Transfer to a bowl.
7. Add sugar, coconut, cashewnuts, cardamom powder and mix well.
8. Shape them into small/medium rolls.
image via bawarchi
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !