Fish Puttu is a traditional breakfast dish in Kerala, India. It is also served for lunch and dinner. Puttu can be served with chutney or curry. The dish has many variations depending on the type of fish used in it.
The fish is first boiled and then shredded into small pieces. The spices are mixed with the fish and then cooked to make this dish. The ingredients for this dish can vary depending on the region where it is being prepared. For example, some versions use potatoes or coconut milk to give it a slightly different taste.
Fish Puttu Recipe
Ingredients for Fish Puttu
- 200 to 250 g Boneless Fish Fillets
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Onion small, chopped
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- few Curry Leaf
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- as per taste Salt
- handful Coriander Leaves
- 1 to 2 tbsp Coconut grated
How to make Fish Puttu
- Steam cook the fish fillets until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Heat oil ain a pan over medium flame.
- Add the mustard seeds, garlic cloves and cook until the mustard seeds begin to splutter.
- Add the chopped onions, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded fish fillets, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve at once.