Cranberry Oat Scones are a great dessert for the holiday season. They are also perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a mid-morning snack. They are easy to make and have a soft, buttery texture.
Cranberry Oat Scones Recipe
Ingredients for Cranberry Oat Scones
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg medium
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Orange Zest finely grated
- 1/2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
How to make Cranberry Oat Scones
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F.
- Mix the oats, flour, cranberries, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, beaten egg, orange zest and buttermilk.
- Pour this mixture into the well and knead well to make a soft dough.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out small circles and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with some granulated sugar on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
- Remove and allow them to cool.
- Serve as desired or store them in an airtight container.