An easy and quick to make sundal variety for navratri or can also be served as an evening snack to kids.
Sweet Corn Cobs – 4, cut into two
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 7 to 8, halved and slit lengthwise
Oil – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Carrot – 2, peeled, grated
Cherry Tomato – 2, finely chopped
1. Pressure cook the corn cobs with a pinch of salt for 2 to 3 whistles.
2. Cool and remove the kernels.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Fry the mustard seeds till it splutters.
5. Add dal, asafoetida powder and fry till the dal turns light golden brown.
6. Add green chillies and curry leaves.
7. Stir to mix well.
8. Add carrot and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add the corn kernels, coconut, tomato, lemon juice and salt.
10. Mix well and transfer to a serving dish.
11. Serve at once.
Tip: You can also use sweet corn kernels instead of corn on the cob.