Shakkarpara or Shankarpali is a perfect tea time snack and often made during diwali or any other festive occasions. It is a crispy and crunch biscuit like snack these Shakkarpara (or Shankarpali) can be prepared any time of the year.
- Atta / Maida Flour – 2 cups
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 4 tblsp
- Salt – A Pinch
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil for Deep frying
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add the sugar, ghee and needed water to dissolve the sugar in it.
- When the sugar completely melts and the syrup is ready, cool them for a while.
- Do not cool down completely.
- Take bowl and add the flour, salt and cardamom powder.
- Mix them well and gradually add the sugar syrup to the flour and knead them.
- Do not make a soft dough. Make balls from the dough.
- Take a rolling board and flatten the balls.
- Do not make it too thin.
- Cut them into diamond shape and transfer them to a plate.
- Heat oil in a kadai over medium flame.
- Drop them one by one.
- Fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain them using a kitchen towel.
- Cool them to room temperature and store them in an air tight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !