Ribbon Pakoda is a popular South Indian savoury snack made festivals during Diwali and other festivals. It is also made during school holidays and served as a evening snack to children.
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 3 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the rice flour, gram flour, asafoetida powder, salt, red chilli powder and ghee.
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
3. Take some of the dough and pass it through a ribbon pakoda maker onto the hot oil.
4. Deep fry until golden brown.
5. Remove and drain excess oil.
6. Store in an airtight container.