It is also made during school holidays and served as a evening snack to children.
This traditional South Indian snack is very easy to make at home and can be eaten as a side dish to meals or served as an appetizer snack.
If you do not have the mould, then you can make it like a pasta. Just roll out the dough on a smooth surface and cut into strips. Then deep fry them in hot oil. Do remember to sprinkle some flour on the surface else the dough will stick to it.
Store it in an airtight container and it stays good for a week or two weeks.
Ribbon Pakoda Recipe
Ingredients for Ribbon Pakoda
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 3 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Ribbon Pakoda
- Mix the rice flour, gram flour, asafoetida powder, salt, red chilli powder and ghee.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take some of the dough and pass it through a ribbon pakoda mould onto the hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Store in an airtight container.