A great starter or a side dish with rice, this Andhra style Prawn Fry is easy to make and is delicious.
Prawns – 250 gms, deveined, cleaned, washed
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 4 to 5, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – little
Urad Dal – little
Curry Leaves – few
1. Grind the onions and green chillies together to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the tempering ingredients for 30 seconds.
4. Add the ground paste and stir well.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir for another 30 to 45 seconds or until the raw smell disappears.
6. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
7. Add the prawns and stir until combined.
8. Sprinkle some salt and water.
9. Reduce flame to low and simmer until the prawns are cooked, stirring from time to time.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve with rice or as a starter.