Badam Milk is a healthy and delicious dessert. It’s made from almonds and milk, and is a great healthy alternative for those who do not prefer the modern “health drinks”.
It is commonly made during festive occasions and celebrations at home.
This protein-filled drink is great for health. It increases energy and also improves immunity. With no artificial ingredients which makes it completely safe to consume by everyone.
This drink can be served hot or cold, depending on how you want it.
Badam Milk Recipe
Ingredients for Badam Milk
- 20 to 25 Almonds (Badam)
- 500 ml Milk
- few Saffron Strands
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 50 g Sugar
- a small pinch Nutmeg grated
How to make Badam Milk
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and remove from flame.
- Add the almonds and allow them to soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and remove the skins from the almonds.
- Keep aside 5 of the almonds and grind the remaining to a smooth paste.
- Finely chop the reserved almonds.
- Heat a pan over medium flame.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce flame and add the ground almond paste.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the saffron, cardamom and nutmeg.
- Stir well.
- Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Remove and pour into serving glasses.
- Garnish with the chopped almonds.
- Serve hot or cold.