Cabbage Manchurian is a delicious Indo-Chinese appetizer snack that is sweet, crunchy and spicy. While most people know only the Gobi Manchurian, Cabbage Manchurian Dry is also a popular manchurian dish from the Chinese cuisine. In some places, this is also called as Chinese Pakoda. To make this cabbage manchurian without gravy, you only need minimal ingredients and it can be made in really quick time. If you are planning to make this in advance, add the manchurian balls to the gravy a few minutes you are ready to serve.
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vinegar
For Manchurian Balls :
- 1 cup Carrot grated
- 2 cup Cabbage grated
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbsp Maida Flour
- 3 tbsp Corn starch
- Oil for deep frying
- Spring Onions for garnish
- Take a large bowl. Add the grated carrots, cabbage, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder, chilli powder, soy sauce. salt. maida and corn starch.
- Mix thoroughly without squeezing the water from the ingredients.
- If the mixture is wet, add some more maida and corn starch to it.
- Make small balls using the mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Fry the balls until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove the excess oil on tissue.
- Keep the fried balls separately.
- Mix the corn flour with water and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add finely chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Fry until the raw smell is disappeared.
- Add the tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and say sauce to it.
- Add the corn flour mixture,vinegar and mix well.
- Add the fried Manchurian balls to it and mix.
- Lastly sprinkle the chopped spring onions on top.
- Serve hot.