- Dried Fusilli Pasta – 200 gms
- Red Capsicum – 1, seeded and quartered
- Red Onion – 1, sliced
- Tomatoes – 4, sliced
- Canned Tuna in Brine – 200 gms, drained and flaked
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 3 tblsp
- Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
- Mustard – 1 tblsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Fresh Basil – 4 tblsp, chopped plus extra sprigs for garnish
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta, return to a boil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Put the capsicum quarters under a preheated hot broiler and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the skins begin to blacken.
- Transfer to a plastic bag, seal and set aside.
- Remove the pasta from the heat, drain and set aside to cool.
- Remove the capsicum from the bag, and peel of the skins.
- Slice it into strips.
- To make the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and stir together well.
- Add the pasta, capsicum strips, onion, tomatoes and tuna.
- Toss together gently.
- Divide between serving bowls.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and Serve.