- Lobster Meat – 750 gms, freshly cooked, cut into small chunks
- Avocado – 1, large, peeled, stoned and cut into small pieces
- Tomatoes – 4, ripe and firm
- Mixed Herb Salad Leaves – 250 gms
- Fruity Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
For Saffron Mayonnaise:
- Pinch of Saffron Threads
- Egg – 1
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Sunflower Oil – 300 ml
- To make the saffron mayonnaise, soak the saffron threads in a little warm water.
- Put the egg, mustard, vinegar and salt in a blender and whisk to combine.
- Slowly trickle in about 1/3rd of the sunflower oil.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add the remaining oil more quickly.
- When all the oil has been poured in, add the saffron and its soaking water and whisk to combine.
- Add more salt, pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Put the lobster meat and avocado in a bowl.
- Quarter the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Cut the flesh into fairly small dice and add to the bowl.
- Season the lobster mixture to taste with salt and pepper and gently stir in enough of the mayonnaise to give a light coating.
- Toss the salad leaves with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Divide between serving plates and top with the lobster mixture.
- Serve at once.