- Cabbage – 1/2 head
- Carrot – 1, large
- Radishes – 125 gms
- Baby Corn – 100 gms
- Peanut Oil – 1 tblsp
- Red Chile Pepper – 1, seeded and finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
- Lean Beef – 350 gms, trimmed of any visible fat and slice
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tblsp
- Fresh Peanuts – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Red Chile Pepper – finely sliced, to garnish
- Smooth Peanut Butter – 1 tblsp
- Fine Sugar – 1 tsp
- Light Soy Sauce – 2 tblsp
- Sherry Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Finely shred the cabbage and arrange on a platter.
- Peel the carrot and cut into very thin strips.
- Wash, trim and quarter the radishes and halve the baby corn lengthwise.
- Arrange these ingredients around the edge of the dish and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a nonstick pan until smoking.
- Add the red chile pepper, garlic and beef to the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the dark soy sauce and cook for a minute or two, until tender and cooked through.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and blend them together until smooth.
- Place the hot cooked beef in the center of the salad.
- Spoon over the dressing and sprinkle a few peanuts.
- Garnish with the slices of red chile pepper.
- Serve immediately.